Moving abroad can seem a really stressful experience, there is so much to think about from where to live, language and cultural barriers to how you are going to get your home and personal belongings all that way, and in one piece. There are many moving abroad checklists online that you can use to help you prepare, but today, we had the chance to talk to Warren Mason, Masons Moving Group’s European Co-ordinator who has just finished co-ordinating a removal from a home in Cardiff to the outskirts of Brussels. Warren has been expertly arranging removals from moving and packing Mason’s customer’s belongings from all over Wales across Europe for years. We asked him what first hand tips for moving abroad he would give to customers who are thinking of moving to Europe. Here is what he suggested:
- Choose a professional company like Masons who have many years of experience in moving homes abroad – the extra cost of having a professional and experienced team on the job will make all of the difference.
- There are different types of services on offer such as the dedicated door to door service (designated truck load) or Groupage (European part-load), or you might need something small delivered really quickly, but expertly packed, so the Casing service will do for you. What is important is to book Masons Surveyor to come and look at what kind of service is best for you and whether you need packing, dismantling or just to assess the volume of goods that need transporting.
- Definitely invest in export packing, it is the best protection there is and means that your goods will arrive at their final destination in once piece!
- Work with the Masons European co-ordination team to work out access, we have delivered to some of the narrowest streets in Europe with the help of Masons accredited local partners who will organise anything from parking permits to small transit vans for those notoriously narrow alleyways!
- Keep Calm, we know our stuff and we’ll get you there in one piece !